Are you pregnant? Whether this is your first baby or not, we are here to help and share some great tools, information and resources that can help you throughout and after your pregnancy. Also, please consult our Family Matters pamphlet, chock full of information on specific services in the Capitale-Nationale (Greater Québec City) region.
Important first steps once you know you are pregnant
- Find a health professional to follow you during your pregnancy:
- This is essential for you and your baby’s health as you will need a health professional to follow your pregnancy and ensure that you are getting all of the necessary tests and follow-ups during your pregnancy.
- Do you need help finding a doctor to follow your pregnancy? The Ma grossesse (my pregnancy) service can help you access the information and professionals you need. After you sign up on this registry and request services in English, you should be referred to the perinatal team at Jeffery Hale Community Services for follow up.
- Register for the centralized daycare waiting list on La Place 0-5. You must be registered here in order to get a spot for your child in the future. It is VERY important to register on Place 0-5 as early as possible and on your profile select several daycares, of your choice, as daycare places are very limited in Québec.
Local services available to you
- Jeffery Hale Community Services early childhood services for families.
- Please consult the Family Matters pamphlet for details on specific community services, breastfeeding support and information for parents.
- Attend the free Prenatal information meetings put on three times per year by Jeffery Hale Community Services.
- Visit our Family Matters program page for more information on our resources and programming for families with young children.
- Stay informed of what is happening in the community for families by signing up for our monthly Family Matters newsletter.
- Get connected with other parents and parents-to-be through EPIQ (English-speaking Parents in Québec City) or WE Dads.
- Support for parent(s) grieving a perinatal loss or struggling with fertility through Les Perséides.
Great resources for parents and parents-to-be
- From Tiny Tot to Toddler is a practical guide that contains scientifically supported information about pregnancy, delivery and the first two years of a child’s life. You can get your free paper version of the English version guide from perinatal team at Jeffery Hale Community Services.
- Fondation OLO nutritional support and pregnancy.
- Naître et grandir, excellent information resources from 0 to 8 years.
- From the Government of Canada:
COVID-19 and pregnancy
Some helpful resources from the Public Health Agency of Canada:
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Fact sheet: Pregnancy, childbirth and caring for a newborn during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Vaccination and pregnancy: COVID-19
- Video: Ask a Scientist – COVID-19 vaccination and pregnancy
- Video: Ask the Experts – Can the COVID-19 vaccines affect fertility?
- Parenting during COVID-19
(Top image courtesy of Terisa Phillips of Terisa Phillips Photography)