Welcome fathers and stepfathers to our information page just for you! Stay tuned for updates and changes to this page as our programming evolves.
Meet our new Community Animator for WE Dads
Allow us to introduce Jarryd Smith who will be our part-time Community Animator for our WE Dads program. Many of you may already know Jarryd, a local dad and fitness coach, but also the person who also ran our Dadventures program before the pandemic broke out. We are thrilled to have Jarryd back on our team! Stay tuned for more exciting things to come for English-speaking dads in our community. Please read more about Jarryd on Our Team page.
Get connected with other guys raising kids in Quebec City!
Check out our WE Dads, EPIQ or Family Matters programming to get connected with other father figures and their children. Be sure to join our WE Dads Facebook page to connect with other guys and to see events happening in the community for dads. Also, feel free to reach out to our WE Dads Community Animator, Jarryd, directly and get connected with what is happening. You can reach Jarryd at email@example.com
Do you know about EPIQ (English-speaking Parents in Quebec)?
EPIQ (English-speaking Parents in Quebec) events are organized by volunteer parents with support from the community Wellness Centre. Some activities are just for parents (who doesn’t enjoy a night out without the kids?) and other events are for the whole family. Would you be interested in hosting something for other dads with our without kids? Let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
Some interesting paternity reports in Quebec:
- Portrait of men and fathers in Quebec’s English-speaking community and their relationship to services
- Paternal Involvement Research Report-Anglophone respondents
A few great organizations that work with dads and father figures
- Regroupement pour la valorisation de la paternité (RVP): Based in Montreal but shares information from across the province
- Valcartier Military Family Resource Centre
- Dad Central
- Maison Oxygène, for fathers going through difficulties either personally, in their relationship or family. Support and low-cost housing for fathers and their children.
- North Shore organizations that serve dads
- South shore organizations that serve dads
Check out these great co-parenting tools in English from RVP:
- Acknowledging the other parent
- Consistent parenting
- Good communication between parents
- Sharing tasks
Speaking of co-parenting, check-out this co-parenting application Planiclik that might make coordinating your family life that much easier!
A few great finds from Dad Central and Active for Life, Families Canada and Psychology Today