Jeffery Hale – Saint Brigid’s is offering free flu vaccination for members of the English-speaking community who meet certain eligibility criteria (see below). No registration is required; this service is offered on a walk-in basis.
November 8, 2022, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Saint-Gabriel-de-Valcartier Community Centre (2215 Valcartier Blvd.)
November 9 and 10, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the community Wellness Centre in the Jeffery Hale Pavilion (1270 Chemin Sainte-Foy, room 1125 )
Eligibility criteria for a free flu shot
People with increased risk of complications due to age or health status:
- Persons aged 6 months to 74 years with a chronic disease or condition as indicated in the Quebec Immunization Protocol (QIP).
- People aged 75 years and older.
- Children and adolescents (less than 6 months to 17 years of age) undergoing extended treatment with acetylsalicylic acid.
- Residents of all ages in residential and long-term care settings and interim facilities.
- Pregnant women with a chronic disease or condition (the vaccine can be given at any stage of pregnancy).
- Healthy pregnant women in the second or third trimester of pregnancy (thirteen weeks or more).
- People with a chronic illness or condition who will be traveling to an area where influenza viruses are commonly found (tropical region: year-round; southern hemisphere: April to September).
Persons likely to transmit influenza to others at high risk of complications:
- People living in the same household as others in the above high-risk groups (including children aged 0 to 6 months who cannot be vaccinated) and those who care for them in their homes (family caregivers).
- Health care workers (HCWs) who have extensive contact with people at high risk of complications.
- Priority for the program will be focused on vaccinating HCWs who provide direct care to patients in hospitals and long-term care facilities (CHSLDs).
Other flu shot clinics in the region
There will be other large-scale immunization sessions open to the general public and all health care workers across the territory of the CIUSSS de la Capitale-Nationale (Charlevoix, Quebec and Portneuf). Information about sessions, and their schedules, can be found on the CIUSSS website.
You can make an appointment at a mass vaccination centre: https://portal3.clicsante.ca/