Please join our WE Drivers transportation & accompaniment volunteer program. We urgently need volunteers to drive seniors to important medical appointments, as well as help with grocery shopping and errands. It’s a great way to give back to your community!
Why we need you
Every check-in with a health professional has a profound impact on an older adult’s overall well-being, such as a visit to the dentist, an eye exam, a medical a test, or an ongoing treatment at a hospital. Many English-speaking seniors living in Quebec City, however, do not have a support system (family) here, making it very hard to ensure they get the health services they need, when they need them.
Caring volunteers like you also help foster a sense of belonging and community, crucial to everyone’s physical and mental well-being, regardless of age!
Good to know
- You need a valid drivers’ license and access to a vehicle.
- Even if you can help only a few times a year, you would still be a welcome addition to our team!
- We provide at least 48 hours’ notice for requests whenever possible.
- You are free to say yes or no to a volunteer request. You set your own schedule.
- We will reimburse your mileage starting right from your front door.
- The client covers any parking costs.
Learn more about volunteering in transportation
- Watch our heart-warming video on YouTube.
- See our printable flyer about this service.
- Watch our training session.
- Email Elise Holloway, volunteer coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or leave her a voice message at 418-684-5333, ext. 11948.
Ready to sign up?
- Apply right away through the Better Impact app to join our WE Drivers volunteer team.
Our Wellness programs aim to support English-speaking seniors who live in their own homes and are also cared for by Jeffery Hale Community Services’ home care and day centre professionals. If you would like information in general about volunteering with the community Wellness Centre, you can visit our WE Volunteer page on the Better Impact app. Join us today!