MONDAY, May 6, noon
Stress, Anxiety & Panic Attacks: DVD presentation featuring Dr. Camillo Zacchia, PhD, Psychologist.
Where: Community Wellness Centre in the Jeffery Hale Pavilion, 1270, chemin Sainte-Foy, G1S 2M4, main floor board room.
Cost: $Free AND free parking
Dr. Zacchia is a clinical psychologist specializing in the treatment of anxiety disorders, depression and interpersonal problems.
Dr. Zacchia received his PhD from McGill University in 1987. He was the chief psychologist for the Douglas Mental Health University Institute from 1997 to 2011 and chaired their Clinical Ethics Committee for a seven year period. He left that position in 2011 to develop and direct the Mental Health Education Office of the Institute. Read more…
Anxiety Canada launches Mindful CBT app!
- Social Anxiety
MindShift CBT uses scientifically proven strategies based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help you learn to relax and be mindful, develop more effective ways of thinking, and use active steps to take charge of your anxiety. [AnxietyCanada.com]
Resources for evaluating your stress levels in daily life, an app to help you manage it, tips for helping others, information on disorders and research on it’s prevalence.
- What’s Your Stress Index? Self-assessment [Canadian Mental Health Association]
- How’s that Work-Life Balance? Self-assessment [Canadian Mental Health Association]
- Distract Yourself From Stress [Stress Management for Dummies]
- 18 ways to distract from Anxiety [International Bipolar Foundation]
- Help your loved one with anxiety [AnxietyCanada]
- Children, youth and anxiety resources [Canadian Mental Health Association]
- Anxiety Disorders Overview [Canadian Mental Health Association]
Explore other health promotion videos by dropping into the Community Wellness Centre and borrowing any of these videos.