Prevent carbon monoxide poisoning

Each year, Canadians die or become ill because of carbon monoxide poisoning.


Do you know that the risk of exposure to carbon monoxide is greater in the winter months? 

That’s because homes in Canada are usually heated by furnaces, fireplaces, gas stoves, and water heaters. Time to ensure your fuel-burning appliances are well maintained and inspected by a professional.

Protect your family from carbon monoxide exposure with these tips :
 

Never use:
– gas-powered machines in the garage, such as generators, lawnmowers or snowblowers.
– a barbecue or portable fuel-burning camping equipment inside a home, garage or tent.
– kerosene or oil space heaters and lamps in enclosed areas unless they’re specifically designed for indoor use.

Click here for more information ; and to share the post directly, visit the Healthy Canadians Facebook page.

Share this!

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
Share on print
Print

Sign up for our newsletter!

Let’s put your compassion to action!

Scroll to Top