Once again this year, Jeffery Hale – Saint Brigid’s will offer free flu vaccination for members of the English-speaking community who meet certain eligibility criteria (see below). No registration is required; this service is offered on a walk-in basis.
- 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., November 5 at the St-Gabriel de Valcartier Community Centre, 1743, Boul. Valcartier, Saint-Gabriel-de-Valcartier, G0A 4S0
- 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., November 12 at Saint Brigid’s Home in the Kildare Lounge, 1645, Chemin Saint-Louis, G1S 4M3
- 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., November 13 in the community Wellness Centre in the Jeffery Hale Pavilion, 1270, Chemin Sainte-Foy, G1S 2M4
Please note that if you don’t have a Quebec health card, many local pharmacies will offer the flu vaccine at a cost.
Eligibility criteria for a free flu shot
The vaccine is offered for free to the following groups of people:
- People suffering from chronic disease
- Pregnant women with certain chronic diseases, regardless of the stage of pregnancy;
- Pregnant women in good health during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of their pregnancy;
Babies up to 6 months and people aged 75 and older
- Those who live with, or take care of, people of the above categories
- CHSLD residents
- Health-care workers, including Jeffery Hale – Saint Brigid’s employees and volunteers
Following recent best practices research, the following age groups no longer require the vaccine:
- Babies from 6 to 23 months of age in good health
- People from 60 to 75 years old in good health
Other flu shot clinics in the region
There will be other large-scale immunization sessions open to the general public and all health care workers across the territory of the CIUSSS de la Capitale-Nationale (Charlevoix, Quebec and Portneuf) as of November, 2019. Information about sessions, and their schedules, can be found (in French only) on the CIUSSS website.
Learn more about why you should get a flu shot.