18 Chem. de l'Escalade
QC G3C 0R2
Join us for a hike on the Sentier de la Foret ancienne trail at Mont Wright on Saturday, October 22 at 9am. Dads, father figures, step dads or grandfathers are all invited to this great excursion outdoors with their little ones, with Jarryd, our WE Dads community animator.
Meet in the parking lot at 9:00 a.m. This is a popular place, so hopefully the early start will allow everyone to get a parking spot! The plan is to hike to the top and enjoy a picnic lunch together, so be sure to bring along a healthy lunch for your family (please avoid nuts for those with allergies).
Of special note
- Mont Wright charges a fee of $7 per adult. Children under 17 are free. There is a ticket machine at the entrance to the trails, near the reception pavilion. You can pay by credit or debit (Visa, Mastercard, Interac).
- The trail we will be taking is called ‘Sentier de la Foret ancienne’. It is a 4km loop.
- We expect this outing to take 3.5-4 hours. It will be a 2 hour hike to the top, a half hour stop for lunch, and then about an hour to come back down.
- This is NOT a stroller friendly trail and can be quite steep in some parts. Accompanying children will need to be great walkers and for little ones we recommend carrying them in a hiking backpack.
- Be sure to dress for the weather and pack a lunch, snacks and water.
- See this map for directions to get there.
Who can attend
This particular event is open to all father figures and and kiddos! For more details please contact Jessica Price, Family Matters Program Coordinator, by email.
About WE Dads
Get connected with other guys raising kids in Quebec City!
Check out our WE Dads, EPIQ or Family Matters programming to get connected with other father figures and their children. Be sure to visit our WE Dads page or join our WE Dads Facebook page to connect with other guys and to see events happening in the community for dads. Also, feel free to reach out to our WE Dads Community Animator, Jarryd, directly and get connected with what is happening. You can reach Jarryd by email.