Are you the parent of a child aged 10 and under? Are you concerned about their exposure to screens? Do you worry about their online safety and how to manage it? This information session is for you! Learn how you can be pro-active as a parent and set boundaries while also letting your child access technology in a healthy manner.
Please join us on Wednesday, November 10, for an online presentation on cyber safety by Dr. Geneviève Vohl from the Centre Cyber-aide. Here are some of the topics that Dr. Vohl will cover:
- Safe and healthy use of technology
- Impacts of technology on child development
- Risk and protection factors
- Managing usage time and content
- Dealing with emotions and crises
- An inside look at certain apps
- Traps to avoid
- Dealing with cyberbullying
- Awareness of your own use
- Parental controls
Click here to register and to get the link to be able to access this workshop on Zoom on your smart phone, tablet, computer, laptop or landline.
Also see our part II in this series for parents of teens!
Questions? Please contact Jessica Price, our Family Matters program coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org