Supporting language development through the storytelling : Bedtime and beyond.
In this session, our guest speaker, a speech and language pathologist from the Centre Mosaïque de Québec will explore with us how books can help a child develop their language abilities.
- When and how to explore books
- The connections between oral language and reading
- The importance of books for babies and preschool age children
- Strategies for integrating books into routine at bedtime and throughout the day.
Baby Chat is…
A great chance to meet and chat with other English-speaking parents of babies under one year of age.
- Guest speakers on subjects of interest to new parents
- You do not have to register to participate and it is free of charge
- Expectant parents also welcome
- Scale available to weigh your baby
Let us know if you are coming so that we can best prepare our space to welcome you. To let us know you will be joining us, please email Jessica Price, Family Matters Program Coordinator.