Are you an outdoor fan? You should know that mosquitoes are not the only insects that can make your life difficult! Beware of tick bites that can transmit Lyme disease, a disease that can lead to complications if it is not detected in time.
The best way to prevent Lyme Disease is to protect yourself from tick bites.
Useful tips to prevent Lyme Disease :
– Wear closed-toe shoes, long-sleeved shirts and pants;
– Use insect repellent containing DEET (active ingredient that repels insects) or Icaridin (always follow the instructions);
– Shower or take a bath within two hours of being outdoors to wash away loose ticks.
Protect yourself and protect your family members and animals by using resources of the Public Health Agency of Canada:
– Visit canada.ca/lymedisease;
– Watch the awareness video;
– Download the Lyme disease toolkit.
Or visit the Portail santé mieux-être of the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux