THURSDAY, May 9, 9:30 a.m.
Community Art Class & Open Gallery: lead by Elsa Dykema Moreau, Art Program Coordinator
Where: Community Wellness Centre in the Jeffery Hale Pavilion, 1270, chemin Sainte-Foy, G1S 2M4, 2nd floor art room.
Cost: $FREE AND free parking
10 spots are available. All supplies are provided.
A word from Elsa…
Join us for a one-time art session where you can explore different directions in acrylic alongside others who are on their journey. 10 spots available! I love this painting made by a community member who needed to express her optimism, entitled: Every Cloud has a Silver Lining!
Creativity reduces anxiety, depression, and stress… And it can also help you process trauma. Studies have found that writing helps people manage their negative emotions in a productive way, and painting or drawing helps people express trauma or experiences that they find too difficult to put in to words.
- Join the Community Art Program at Jeffery Hale pavilion for weekly painting lead by Elsa, read more here.
- Care you a caregiver? FREE Art Therapy lessons for caregivers are being offered by the Community Wellness Centre all summer. Sign up here.
Home Exercise: Check out these links for a creative experience
- Dance with people from around the world
- Try one of the ideas
- Try a painting project
- Make a colorful easy abstract painting
- Start your dream journal today
- Here’s How Creativity Actually Improves Your Health [Forbes]
- What are the health benefits of being creative? [Medical News Today]