Buying second-hand products on the Internet or checking out yard sales and flea markets?
You should avoid items that are:
- banned, such as baby walkers and feeding devices for baby bottles.
- missing labelling or instructions.
Some second-hand products can be dangerous even if they seem harmless. Be extra cautious especially when buying children’s items, such as:
- bunk beds
- child car seats
- children’s jewellery
- children’s sleepwear
- cribs, cradles and bassinets
- strollers and carriages
Stay on top of recalls
If you need to find out if a product has been recalled, you can:
- contact the retailer or manufacturer
- check for recent recalls and safety alerts
For more information visit: