Activities and Community Services
The SNACS Program provides activities and support for children, teens and young adults with special needs, as well as for their caregivers. Safe and inclusive assisted activities encourage socialization and stimulation, while meeting some of the goals of the intervention plan (IEP) and providing respite for parents. The program is for English-speaking people who live on the north and south shores of the Quebec City area.
Supper with the Gang
During this life skills-based evening, teens and young adults make a meal together and then enjoy a variety of activities after, like games, crafts, movies and interactive games (wii). The meals are suggested by a member of the group and are varied, easy to make and nutritious.
Friday Night Bowling
Teens and young adults get together to go bowling together one Friday evening each month. Peers and siblings are welcome to join in on the fun. Equipment and snacks provided.
Saturday Children’s Activity
Children are invited to join in a variety of stimulating activities such as crafts, puppet shows, dance, exercise and games. The program includes activities that contribute to social development, creativity, language skills, fine motor and gross motor skills.
After-school Homework Program
A safe and stimulating environment for special needs students of Quebec High School before and after school hours while allowing parents to continue to work regular hours with peace of mind. Fill in the After-school Homework program registration form.
If you are a student, being a buddy to a special needs child gives them a chance to interact socially with others while providing respite to their parents, and may lead to a paid job. Visit the Become a SNACS Program Volunteer page for more information.
For more information
- Questions? Please call Julie Slattery, Special Educator and SNACS Program coordinator, at 418 683-1953, ext. 8221.
- Open the SNACS pamphlet for a summary of the program.
- Learn more about the origins of the program.
- For the latest schedule of SNACS Program activities, please open the SNACS Activities document.
- To register, please fill in the Registration Form and give it to Julie at an activity or email it to her at: email@example.com
- NEW! Pay online for annual activities using PayPal.
- Make a donation to SNACS and help us to build more activities for the most vulnerable members of our community.
Please visit the SNACS Entrepreneurs website to learn about work opportunities adapted to special needs students and young adults as well as the catering services they provide. Also visit the website of Jeffery Hale – Saint Brigid’s, our main public partner, to learn more about their professional health and social services related to Special Needs.
We would like to thank our partners and sponsors for their support of the SNACS Program. Here is a list of organizations who make a real difference in the lives of some of the most vulnerable members of our community:
- Community Learning Centre (CLC)
- Jeffery Hale Community Partners (JHCP)
- Jeffery Hale – Saint Brigid’s
- Ministère de la Famille (MFA)
- Office des personnes handicapées du Québec (OPHQ)
- Quebec High School (QHS)